Official Contest Rules
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to Canadian resident AIR MILES Collectors (“Collectors”), who are a minimum of 16 years of age or older at the time of entry, except employees, representatives and agents of the Contest Sponsor, its affiliates and their respective advertising and marketing agencies, Contest administrators, judges and persons domiciled with any of the above. The Collector is the individual in whose name the Collector Number has been established or, in the case of a Business Collector, the principal associated with the Business Collector Number, as determined by the Contest Sponsor. Canadian residence will be determined by the mailing address associated with the Collector Number. If you are not already an AIR MILES Collector, you may become one by enrolling at www.airmiles.ca.
Online access and an email account is required to participate in this Contest. Many public libraries, retail businesses and others offer free access to computers and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts.
3. Agreement to Official Contest Rules: By participating in the Contest, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept the Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsor and its Contest administrators and judges, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
Entry Option A – Use MILES to redeem:
During the Contest Period, visit airmiles.ca and use Dream Miles to redeem for any full-size Napoleon barbeque and you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Contest for each eligible Napoleon barbeque redeemed. “Full-size Napoleon barbeques” excludes all products featured in the portable grills, accessories and outdoor heating sections.
Entry Option B – NO PURCHASE OR USE OF MILES NECESSARY:
To receive one (1) entry without using Miles to make a redemption, a Collector must submit his or her first and last name, complete mailing address, including city, province, postal code, daytime phone number (including area code), email address and AIR MILES Collector Number, plus a fifty (50)-word or more original essay describing “Why you would love to win the Napoleon grilling prize pack” and email it to: email@example.com, with “AIR MILES® Great BBQ Contest” in the subject line of the email. The email must be received by Contest Sponsor no later than 11:59:59 p.m. on June 21, 2020.
Entry Limits and Odds:
There is a limit of two (2) entries per Collector Number regardless of the entry option used. Entrants may use more than one entry option noted above. Selecting one entry option over another does not increase the odds of winning. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- One (1) SKYFire 11 Patio Heater;
- One (1) Gourmet Burger Press Kit;
- One (1) PRO Cutting Board with Stainless Steel Bowls;
- One (1) 3-piece Marinating Bowl Set;
- One (1) Salt & Pepper Grinder Set;
- One (1) BBQ Smoking Starter Kit; and
- One (1) Pro Wireless Digital Thermometer.
The total approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $458.94 CDN. Any difference between the stated approximate retail value and the actual value of the Grand Prize will not be awarded.
All elements of the Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash, or refundable, and must be accepted as awarded. No additions or substitutions allowed. No compensation will be provided for failure by a confirmed winner to accept a Prize, or any portion of a Prize as awarded. Where applicable, Prize elements will be awarded by the Contest Sponsor based on the mailing address associated with the Collector Number of a confirmed winner. In the case of loss, theft, mutilation, alteration or unauthorized use, a Prize and its elements will not be reimbursed or replaced. Except as expressly stated herein, a confirmed winner is responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and surcharges, if any, in respect of his/her prize and/or the use or redemption thereof.
7. Winner Selection: A random drawing for each Prize will be held July 2, 2020 at 2 p.m. in Oakville, Ontario, from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period, by an independent judging organization whose decisions will be final and binding. In order to be declared a winner, the selected entrant must be an AIR MILES Collector and must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by the Contest Sponsor or its representatives and otherwise comply with the Official Contest Rules. The Contest Sponsor or its representatives will make reasonable attempts to contact the selected entrant at the email address and/or telephone number(s) recorded in respect of his/her Collector Number and/or indicated on the email entry, as the case may be. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted or has not responded within three (3) days of the date when contact was first attempted, is not eligible in accordance with these Official Contest Rules, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question or otherwise comply with these Official Contest Rules, then the selected entrant is disqualified and will not receive the Prize and another entrant may be selected. A selected entrant must sign and return to the Contest Sponsor within three (3) days of receipt a Prize Acknowledgement and Release Form, in form satisfactory to Contest Sponsor, which includes a standard declaration of compliance with the Official Contest Rules and release form in order to be awarded the Prize. Failure to sign and return the Prize Acknowledgement and Release Form within three (3) days of receipt will result in forfeiture of the Prize.
If any potential Prize winner is under the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence, a parent or legal guardian of that potential Prize winner will be required to sign and submit the Prize Acknowledgement and Release Form (where it is required) on behalf of their minor child. If the parent or legal guardian of the potential Prize winner does not sign or submit the Prize Acknowledgement and Release Form (where required), the potential Prize winner will not be awarded the Prize.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to use the Winner’s name, city of residence, comments, likeness, photograph, voice and statements without further compensation, in connection with any advertising and publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor in relation to the Contest or the AIR MILES Reward Program, in any media throughout the world in perpetuity. The first name or initials and city name of Winner may also be posted on www.airmiles.ca.
For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest in Quebec may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Subject to the jurisdiction in Quebec of the Régie, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value, or to cancel, terminate, amend and/or suspend the Contest without prior notice at any time and for any reason including, without limitation, if viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, attempts to disrupt the Contest or other causes beyond the Contest Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper play or conduct of the Contest. In no event will the Contest Sponsor be liable for more prizes (in quantity or amount) than that specified in the Official Contest Rules.
The Contest Sponsor and prize provider are not responsible for any technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, or lost or unavailable network connections or garbled or deleted computer network transmissions, or failed, incomplete, garbled, misdirected or lost entries or inaccurate capture of entry or use of Miles information, even if it limits the ability to participate in the Contest. Any entry that occurs after a system failure is deemed a defective entry and is void and will not be honoured. The Contest Sponsor and prize provider are not responsible for any injury or damage to persons (including the Winner) or property arising from the Contest or Prize, or which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from accessing or transmitting any material from the Website regardless of whether the material was prepared by the Contest Sponsor or a third party or is connected to the Website by hyperlink. All entries must be received during the Contest Period. All entries and prize claims are subject to verification by Contest Sponsor and will be void if not obtained through legitimate channels, or if not original, or if obtained other than in compliance with these Official Contest Rules. The Contest Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning or entry in lieu of its verification process. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned.
Online and email entries must be made only by the original, manual keystrokes of the individual entrant. Use of any automated system, including robotic or form-filling software, to enter or participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Contest Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Contest Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
The Contest is subject to all applicable laws.
The name of the Winner may be obtained by sending a request with a self-addressed postage stamped envelope to “Dept 100 AIR MILES® Great BBQ Contest, Winner List Request, Box 9500 Lakeshore West PO, Oakville ON, L6K 0G4”, until November 5, 2020. The first name or initials and city name of Winner may also be posted on www.airmiles.ca.
© 2020 LoyaltyOne, Co.
®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co.